Welcome to Kidicol, a sought after preschool in the CBD of Pretoria.
At Kidicol you will find the following:
- Caring qualified staff
- Safe and stimulating environment
- Well-stocked classrooms Small manageable classes
- A varied and interesting curriculum Healthy meals – breakfast, lunch and 2 snacks per day
At Kidicol we strive to:
- Provide high quality care and education to our learners
- Work in partnership with our parents to help children to develop and learn
Your child will be:
- given the chance to join with other children and adults to play, work and learn together
- given generous care and attention
- helped to take forward her/his learning and development by
- helped to build on what she/he already knows and can do
- given the chance to establish the basis of reading and writing through well-chosen stories, songs, rhymes and games
- helped to create habits of listening, sharing and concentration and pride in their achievements
Communication book: Your child will receive a communication book. This book must be in his/her schoolbag every day.
Messages: Please use the communication book for messages for the teacher or leave a message at the office. Teachers will not be called out of the class during teaching hours.
School attendance: Please notify the school if your child is unable to attend school for more than one day or if you have any other problems which might keep the child from attending.
Toys: No toys from home are allowed at the preschool section. Personal info: Please notify the school if your address or telephone number has changed. If you fail to do this we may not be able to contact you during an emergency.
Clothes: Please mark all clothes with a permanent marker.
Medicine: Please hand medicine to the teacher on duty. No child should have medicine in the schoolbag. Please give written instructions on how the medicine should be administered. Please write the following in the communication book: The time the medicine should be given The dosage that should be given Without written instructions no medicine shall be given to any child.
Schoolbags: Please mark the school bag with a permanent marker.
Extra clothing: Please send an extra set of clothing to school daily. It is very embarrassing for your child to have an accident and then not to be able to change into another set of clothing.
Security register: Please sign your child in and out daily at security. To ensure the safety of your child, please bring your child into the school yard /premises yourself.
Communicable diseases/contagious diseases: if your child becomes sick with a contagious disease, we will contact you and expect that you fetch your child as soon as possible. Please do not send a sick child to school as we simply cannot accommodate sick children at school.
School terms and holidays: We follow the Gauteng department of Education’s School’s calendar. 17:00
Uniform: Babies to Grade RR do not wear uniform.
Aftercare: Aftercare is available from 6:00 to 18:00.
Holiday care: Holiday care is available during school holidays, but not during December holiday.
Occupational therapy, speech therapy and educational psychologist: We have the services of an occupational therapist, speech therapist and educational psychologist should the need arise for extra help for your child.
Extra Mural Activities Preschool children can participate in the following extra – mural activities:
These activities are all run privately. For more information, contact the office.